CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15

Thailand

I'm sorry, but I'm going to copy and paste some of a letter I've sent to a few of you. I'm lacking in both time, and energy.

Well, let me tell you, the Lord has been providing some incredible blessings! Left, right and center, He's answering prayers like you wouldn't believe! (But believe it! He is good!)

Thursday was particularly filled with tangible evidence of His provision, as you can read in my earlier post, and I have something I must tell you about right away!

My Lord has been breaking my heart for girls ensnared in the sex trade. He and I have been chatting about how I want to do something about it, urgently. I've been writing about it some, and I'm on my way to write some of it out just for you darlings!

So Thursday, when I was filtering through emails, and came across a reminder from my church about a missions trip being planned, my attention was caught. I remember hearing about the prospect of a trip, and being drawn to the idea.
When I read the announcement, I said to the Lord "I highly doubt we'd be doing anything about the sex trade. Churches don't usually go do that, in my experience. But Lord, if it's working with girls in the sex trade, you've got me heart and soul."

Later that night when the church service ended, I hesitantly, but at the same time eagerly grabbed a spot in the room where we would be hearing about the trip. Again, saying to the Lord that I'd give it a chance, if by the off chance, it was about those girls who have captured my heart. I sat on the couch, scanning the informations sheets that had just been passed around, I scanned for the purpose. A huge grin spread across my face.

We are going to Thailand this May for 3 weeks.

We will be working with young women in the sex trade.

Oh man oh man, I can hardly believe the way God has been providing (again, see the earlier post) and so I expect that He'll do the same with what money I need for this trip. I haven't a job (I'm working on that) and I haven't even many personal belongings I can sell for much (though I plan to sell what movies I own - if you want any, please tell me!) So please pray! I've a lot of money to come up with, but my God is huge, and He can do this!

0 comments: