CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 7

Your perfect provision

On thursday, as I was getting ready to run for groceries with a lovely young woman from my church, I chatted with the Lord. I often feel very awkward with this lady, that I'm not as cool as her, and hence, what words would I have to offer?
I asked for some relief of the discomfort, for something to talk about.

We picked up groceries, and on the ride back to the church, I asked where I might find fancy little boxes I was looking for. From there, we got into conversation about..well, boxes, and then to relationships, and friendship, and poetry, and it was as if we were friends.

I got out of the car at the church, and realized the way we'd been provided conversation, and smiled with thanks.

While I prepared dinner for the group, it became apparant that our church kitchen did not hold any sort of tea strainer, but, with the perfect amount of time left, I hopped the few short blocks down to China town, finding a tea strainer for only 2 dollars, just under what I had to spare in my pocket!

And so I happily finished brewing some India chai, and placing it on the counter. Soon after, the first of the staff trotted in to grab some dinner. Her eyes sparkled as she looked at the meal in front of her, "is this India food?!" She grinned, as I eagerly nodded, and she explained how she'd been obessing over going back to India, and getting to have the kind of food she ate there just made her gleam. It blesses my heart that the food I'd prepared meant something to her.

I listened, as my favorite worship leader practiced the set for the night.
The words "We love You, we love You, we love You" resounding through the building.

Earlier that day, I'd been writing up lists, and looking at my tea supply, wishing both for another package of fine tea, and for a pad on which I could write my lists, being even a bit organized. But these are things I simply couldn't afford to be purchasing.
Well, that was taken care of! A dear friend presented me with a package from a dear girl in the town of Maple Ridge. What had she sent to me, but a package of my favorite tea, and a wonderful Disney notepad, with a magnet on the back and everything.
Perfect.

There are more stories of provision, on this day alone, so intimate that I'm still figuring out how I could explain them.

I have another story to follow, but it will be written about in my next post....

0 comments: