CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1

The things I miss the most

I was taken aback today, when I was walking around town with my brother, and realized that I didn't know every person who walked past.
Walking past the market I saw a woman getting out of her car, and spoke my thought "Could you just get back in your car and come back out as Jim Badke?" To which Daniel agreed, adding "or Brett Nelson?"
We both chuckled, and sighed, missing our dear friends.

I was standing at the door of the dishpit, when a friend rushed passed, breathing "Lauren. Need prayer. Pray for head counselors."

I will miss that. I will miss that we are a people who can rush past with seconds to spare and just let one another know that prayer is needed, and know that prayers will be lifted.
Don't misunderstand me, I know this can still happen, but the capacity is not the same.
I am not actually living surrounded in people who will do such things.

In thinking of little stories such as this, a man passed by me at the bus stop. I am left wondering what would happen if I treated him in a similar way. I was feeling down at the time...what would happen if I walked up to him and said "hey, can you pray for me?"

It might be a little weird...but it might start something incredible...
I wonder.

0 comments: