CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19

Some things to pray about...

Please pray for the friend I earlier mentioned, the one who has become "re-introduced" to God.
A couple my own requests for him:
...pray that his heart would be softened daily.
...that he would seize the opportunity to continue going to Adore, and possibly join me at church on Sunday, so that he could become well rooted, and receive the gospel with joy.
...that he would not rely just on the feeling of his last time at church.
...that he wouldn't think he deserves to live like this.
...for him to find, accept, and live for Christ.
...that he could grow into the man of God that I know he could be. A man who really loves people, with compassion, and empathy, grace, and mercy.
...for him to become willing to share about his heart. I see so much of myself in him, and it scares me. I know bottling things up is bad news. Also, I want to hear about his life. I'm sure I can't even imagine the ways God will continue to be glorified, as I learn more about this boy.
...that people around him can show the REAL Jesus.

One of my other friends, I am terrified for. And he's scared too.
He's been struggling with self-injury, and suicidal thoughts, and more new thoughts have him terrified for the future.
Please pray for things such as:
...a knowledge deep in his heart that he is worth love.
...good health.
...an unshakeable faith in our God. That He is good, and faithful, and will not leave him.
...an ability to let go of bitterness and resentment.
...his awesome gift of being such a good friend to continue to grow.
...a quietness over his heart.


Pray with authority, and expectation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying

Lauren said...

I have been praying for my newly Christian friend that God would be constantly on his mind. That He would just be constantly there, and he can't help but just think about, and hopefully talk to Him.

The other night he told me he hasn't been able to stop thinking about God, that He's constantly on his mind.

Praise God for tangeably answered prayers!

Other thought:
At Adore this week the scripture that was read was from Zephaniah. The final verse was Zephaniah 3:17, the very verse that had been embodying last weeks events. It was a beautiful reminder, God was just saying to me "I will never leave you or forsake you. Laur, you don't have to worry, I am with this boy, and I am going to carry out my good work until completion. I'm not letting go."