CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 16

How do I forget?

Tonight I went to Adore with a gaggle of friends.
One boy came who, to the best of my knowledge, was quite against Christianity. (If he wasn't, my apologies. But he certainly was not loving on Jesus.) Well, he decided to accept the invitation, for reasons beyond what I can grasp. I was pretty darn excited. Hopping about, like I do when I'm excited.

When the worship started, I grabbed a friend of mine, and just asked her to pray with me for that boy. So we sat there, and asked God to make Himself clear, to fill the room with an overwhelming love. To make the evening speak right to him, and not weird him out...and so on. Then it was time for the "mingle and grab a free coffee" portion of the evening, in which this unbelieving boy turned to one of my friends and said "I think I should come to church more often."

Amazing right?! I'm not even close to done.

So, we continued to sing, and listen to the message, and then Andy (the youth pastor) told us that the night was going to run a little differently. He was setting aside time for us to meet with God. To pray, and to pray for one another. He gave us the option to leave, or if we wanted, we could stay.

I looked back, with amazement, as this boy stayed seated.

And I sat, and prayed, for him, and for another friend of mine (but that's a whole nother story.) I turned around to see him talking with my friend Daniel, and I could tell it was good. Really good. It sounds weird, but I could feel God's goodness radiating from them; I could feel his warmth and it made me smile, filled with joy.

I didn't get out of the church until 10:45, wowie! Late night!
Anyway, I came home, and asked this wonderful boy what he had thought of the whole night. Do you know what he said? He said it was amazing. Unlike anything he'd ever felt. I offered to listen, and to tell him about why my face had been streaked with tears, and he grabbed that offer! He told me it was the first time he'd come to church in a long time, and that he had a lot to be ashamed of. But he said that he'd been overwhelmed. And that (get this) he had re-introduced himself to God!!

HOW SPECTACULAR!!!!
I don't even have words to express God's endless goodness in this story.



It leaves me to wonder, how do I forget these things?

I hate to say it, but honestly, these past two weeks have been rough. I've been struggling to bring things to God, and give over my life to Him as I rightly should. I've been wanting to wallow in misery, and cling to what is bad. (An idea that I definitely don't recommend.)

Why do I forget how amazing God is?

I sincerely hope that I didn't share too much about this boy. -And if I did please tell me, I am truly sorry. But also, I hope in reading this next writing, that you will realize God used you to spur me on. To give me encouragement and hope. And I thank God for that. And thank you for letting Him use you in this way.- The last thing I want to do is gossip, or do something that does not please God, or hurts you.

I have to give thanks to God for providing all that happened tonight. It was exactly what I needed. To see and taste that the Lord is good. That He answers my prayers, and that He loves people more than I could ever know.

It is exactly what I needed to remind me that God is who I need to put my value, my worth, my hope, my strength, my all in.



Jesus, you are more than enough for me.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

Good timing on showing me this verse God, it pretty much emobodies that entire story.

Lauren said...

Nehemiah 8:10 (emphasis added)
The JOY of the Lord is your strength.

It really, really is.

Lauren said...

My prayer for this boy has continually included these words. I don't know why, but Jesus is telling me to.

Ephesians 1:17-21
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Lauren said...

another comment by yours truly...
In praying for this boy tonight, this song came up. I feel that it is important.

The Real Jesus

Jesus on the radio, Jesus on a late night show
Jesus in a dream, looking all serene
Jesus on a steeple, Jesus in the Gallup poll
Jesus has His very own brand of rock and roll

Watched Him on the silver screen
Bought the action figurine
But Jesus is the only name that makes you flinch

Oh, can anybody show me the real Jesus?
Oh, let your love unveil the mystery of the real Jesus

Jesus started something new
Jesus coined a phrase or two
Jesus split the line at the turning point of time
Jesus sparked a controversy
Jesus, known for His mercy, gave a man his sight
Jesus isn't white

Jesus loves the children, holds the lambs
Jesus prays a lot
Jesus has distinguishing marks on His hands.

If anybody walks behind the Good Shepherd
If anybody holds the hands that heal lepers
And if you recognize the eyes that see forever, please...

Jesus, Jesus
Oh, can anybody show me Jesus
Oh, let your love unveil the glory, the real Jesus