CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14

To speak or not to speak

I've been blessed with a couple of friends who do nothing but encourage. Their encouragement is honorable, and it builds those around them up in what they should be doing.

I've always wanted to be more like that. I really don't see a point in speaking, unless it's going to build someone up. This accounts, to some degree, for my frequent quietness. I'd prefer to save my speech for when it really counts.
But as of late, I find my words wasteful, and without tact.

I find myself in need to relearn quietness, but in a new way. It's funny how that works, at the same time as needing to learn to speak, I also need to learn to shut up.

I'd like it if the only words that poured from my lips were ones of love.
Words that were in direct reflection of Christ.

0 comments: