CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7

the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

This week I do not feel strong.
I feel broken, damaged, and quite alone in all of it.

A little angry with myself, more than anything, I picked up my prayer journal.
Feeling the weight of abandonment, and the suffering from it, I began to write. I trembled, afraid of what might lie in wait for me tonight, crouching, in the anticipation of devouring my weak soul. I suppose it's better tender.

I continued to write, fearing being alone. Knowing I hadn't the energy to talk with anyone, but knowing every single teardrop that fell would be seen by my Dad. As I built in fear toward the dangers of the night, I noticed that my music had cut out. Not caring enough to fix it, I continued to jot down my prayers. I thought about the awful beast ready to devour me, and how I couldn't go it alone.
I wrote:

Temptation is strong. I can't just sit here

...I was thinking "sit here alone" but didn't want to write it...and as I finished my word, suddenly my music cut back in.

"You're not alone. Come to the cross, let Me show you where your heart belongs."

I wept. Not a more beautiful truth could have been spoken.
Thank you my Friend.

0 comments: