CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 3

Adalia: "God hears"



Tonight I walked into my room, to do some cleaning. I was ready to quietly, and carefully do some of the work I needed to get done. Feeling quiet, and quite delicate, I decided to light the many candles I have strewn throughout my room. As I lit them, I thought, "I wonder how Adalia feels about these..."
I don't know why I wondered what my bird thought of having candles lit around her, but as I thought that, I turned to open her cage so she could perch outside on top of it, and strech a little. I hadn't done that in a little while. I turned, and saw the precious creature lying on her side, with closed eyes.
My heart reacted as a small child, as I squeaked "birdy?!" my throat clenched up, as I gasped "oh, Adalia. Oh, no Adalia I'm so sorry."

My little birdie is gone.
And my heart is broken.
I didn't initially react with tears, but a few minutes in, I am crying, and feeling quite heartbroken.

I wasn't expecting to lose my little dove today. Oh, I miss her already.
When I was walking around the mall today, I actually walked into the pet store, feeling oddly compelled to bring home a little fish, or something of the sort.
But I thought, no, I need to make sure I'm taking care of my bird, I don't want to add someone else into the mix.
Perhaps I should've listened to that thought telling me to bring a little critter home. It seems as if it was a way to have comfort..you know, bringing new life in the midst of a death.

My heart hurts a lot.
If you could pray, I'd appreciate it.
It may seem trivial, but, animals have a special place in my heart. I just love them a lot.











0 comments: