CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14

Another Urgent Situation - so I will copy and paste todays email/prayer request.

There is a little girl in peril right now.
Just recently, she's moved from a house was half devoted to growing marjuana. Her mum neglects her, and her daddy beats her. In other places, places that also should've been safe, she's been exploited, doing things to herself that fill me with tears.
This little girl is cutting herself. She cuts deeply, so that she bleeds. Dipping her fingers into the drops of blood, she writes on her dressers

"HELL. I'M LIVING IN HELL."

This girl is ten years old!
No one should EVER feel the way she does, and certainly not a little girl. Her childhood has been stolen. She should be playing with dolls, and running around barefoot, and twirling in dresses, hearing the answer to hear question "am I lovely?" be answered warmly with "Yes. Darling, you are lovely."

This little darling didn't tell me herself, it was a relative of hers. So I can pray, knowing that God will hear me...but physically it's a challenge.

In talking with a friend today, I've found that there is something I can do. So, tonight I called a crisis line, telling them some of what's been happening. The woman on the other end of the phone told me that if I can get a full name, the name of a school, an address...some peice of information, that they can begin to investigate.

I cannot leave this family like this. I won't do it.

Please pray for this little girl, and her sisters aswell.

And please, do not let your hearts grow in anger towards her parents. They are broken.
I know that personally, I've had to learn this, many times. But you have to see, that people aren't just mean. Something has happened to make it this way, and so I challenge you to look on them with broken hearts, asking "what could have possibly happened to you to make you act this way? What has hurt you so badly?"
Pray for her parents too.

Thank you, beloved friends.

0 comments: